Garbage Disposer Repair Service
Garbage disposers are a vital part of any kitchen. They help keep the kitchen smelling fresh, help reduce potentially harmful bacteria and make cleaning up after meals a breeze. With a little care and maintenance, a garbage disposal should last several years. However, like all other appliances, garbage disposals do occasionally malfunction or die. When this happens, give US Standard Appliance Repair a call and a professional technician can assist you with any of your garbage disposer troubleshooting or repair needs.
Possible garbage disposer problems you may be experiencing:
- Replacing Need of a Garbage Disposer
- Garbage Disposer Not Turning On
- Garbage Disposer Turning Off Erratically
- Garbage Disposer Making Noise
- Food Not Grinding Properly
You can troubleshoot your garbage disposer by doing a quick cleaning technique using ice and salt:
You can combine two cups of ice cubes and a cup of rock salt to make a great cure for foul-smelling garbage disposals. Fill the garbage disposal with the ice cubes and then pour the salt over the ice cubes. Run cold water and turn on the garbage disposal for approximately 5-10 seconds. The combination of ice and rock salt will help knock sludge and debris off of the grinding elements so that they can make their way down the drain. If you don’t happen to have rock salt, substituting a cup of vinegar will also work.
Some tips for maintaining your garbage disposer:
- Don’t use garbage disposer without water.
- Don’t use professional drain cleaner on where the garbage disposer is located, this destroys the seal.
- Don’t throw hard items down the garbage disposer.
Call US Standard Appliance Repair today 818 358 8847 – 805 475 4105 - 661 414 7555 for any of your appliance needs.